The Wade Richmond Memorial Scholarship is administered through the San Antonio Area Foundation. The amount of the scholarship varies each year and is renewable for a total of four years of study, contingent upon full-time enrollment and a satisfactory grade point average.
Wade Richmond was a young man known to be a helpful, compassionate, thinking person, interested in making a personal effort to better the world around him. The scholarship is awarded to a high school senior who shares these qualities.
- Have been a member of First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Antonio for a minimum of one year before the date of the application deadline. For specific membership requirements, see the Director of Lifespan Religious Education or the Minister;
- Be an active participant of First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Antonio through religious education, youth group, or volunteerism;
- Be a helpful, compassionate, thinking person, interested in making a personal effort to better the world;
- Submit all materials as outlined in the application process below.
500-1,000 words each
- Please describe your involvement at First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Antonio, including religious education experiences, youth group experiences and/or volunteerism.
- The late Wade Richmond was a compassionate young man with leadership abilities and plans to make a difference in his community. Please describe how you embody those qualities. Applicants may also respond to the Unitarian Universalist affirmation “Love is our sacrament and service our prayer” as part of their answer.
One letter of recommendation that can attest to your involvement at First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Antonio.
One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher.
*References may not be provided by church staff.
A current high school transcript which includes a current G.P.A and current ranked percentile in class.
The selection committee includes the president, president-elect, and past president of the congregation and the chair of the Youth Religious Education Committee.
All materials are due to the Director of Lifespan Religious Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, on the last Sunday of April. Paper application forms are available upon request. Hard copy application materials must be delivered to the religious education office, First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Antonio, 7150 West Interstate 10 West, San Antonio, Texas 78213 and must be postmarked by the Friday before the last Sunday of April.