The Worship Committee, in partner with the minister, endeavors to offer a communal worship experience each Sunday, founded in covenant and based on the church’s mission to “invite, inspire, and involve,” that supports our diversities in theology and in the human experience. We come as individuals and depart as a beloved community inspired to work towards a world of justice and lasting peace.
By inviting and involving members to participate through the choir and musical offerings, readings, presentations, and sharing of joys and concerns, we seek to evoke a feeling of inclusiveness that lives may be strengthened and the world may be healed.
Responsibilities of the Committee Chair:
1. Chair the monthly committee meetings. Set the agenda with input from the minister and committee members.
2. Make sure there are Worship supplies. (Candles/David Rodriguez; Christmas Eve Candles & holders/Church Office Manager)
3. Submit an annual report for the Congregational Meeting. (Ask for input from Committee & Minister in March meeting)
4. Submit payment vouchers to Church Office Manager for paid guest speakers. (Minister sometimes does this too.)
Responsibilities of the Committee Members:
1. Work with the minister to fill service slots when the minister is not in the pulpit.
2. Coordinate with guest speakers/groups to provide support for their services & give payment info for non-members to the Chair
3. When submit guest bios to the newsletter, also send to Church Office Manager to include in announcements.
4. Pay attention in services to what works really well and what might need some tweaking.
5. Arrange for volunteers to be Lay Readers – should be able to speak well.
6. Oversight of Worship Associates (duties in separate document).
7. Oversight of Ushers (duties in separate document).
8. Create/update protocols, charter, job description.
9. Be responsive to interests and needs of church members regarding Worship.
10. Attend Committee meetings; keep minutes.
11. Stuff the candle holders for the Christmas Eve Service & place in baskets.
12. Recruit new Committee members that have been recommended by the Committee.
13. Keep Worship Google Spreadsheet Calendar up to date.
For more information about Worship services at our church, visit our Worship page on this website.