During the Sunday service, we offer a supervised playground and indoor play area for children ages four through fifth grade. Children attend worship with their parents for the first few minutes and then are released to go to the playground. There is a playground sign-up table in the Sanctuary foyer which is staffed each morning beginning at 10:50 am. Parents/guardians must register children in order to use the playground during the service.
Service to Playground Transition
- Parents/guardians should sign-in their child(ren) in the foyer for playground access before they enter the Sanctuary for service.
- During the Story Wisdom portion of the service, the lead monitor will wait in the foyer. The other two monitors should sit with the children during Teaching Time and exit with the children after the story.
- When the children are dismissed, all three monitors will gather the children outside and escort them to the playground. Parents are welcome to accompany their child(ren), but it is not necessary.
- The gatekeeper monitor will call out the names of the children signed in. Children can enter the playground as their names are called.
- All children and volunteers will be respectful, in words and actions, of others, self, environment, and building.
- No form of aggression will be tolerated.
- For the safety of the children, there will be no climbing of the trees or fence. Only the play structure in the fall zone may be climbed.
- Take turns going down the slide. Climbing up the slide is not allowed.
- Children may only exit through the wooden gate where the gatekeeper is present.
- Children may only leave the playground with a parent/guardian.
- At the start of service times, everyone under the age of 18 must be either in the Sanctuary or under the direct supervision of their parent/guardian.
- After Story Wisdom, elementary-aged children may stay in the service with their families or go to the playground.
- Everyone on the playground (regardless of age) will be expected to follow the playground rules.
Thank you for your cooperation and support in keeping our children safe!