Green Team Committee
We all breathe the same air, drink the same water, and eat food grown on the same earth. These fundamental facts transcend religions and beliefs, and can be used as a means to promote peace, love, and understanding in our congregants and in the world.
Because the future of our congregation and all life on earth depends on finding sustainable solutions to environmental problems, we pledge to educate and involve the congregation and the larger community in environmental actions as an integral part of a spiritual practice. We will measure our success by the sustainable changes in our church and our lives. We are accountable to ourselves, our congregation, the larger community, and ultimately to all humankind.
• We work with our congregants, nearby UU congregations, and environmental on programs for sustainability in the use of energy, water, air, food, waste, and carbon emissions.
• We create and publicize opportunities for environmental advocacy and action.
• Our ultimate goal is to involve as many congregants and other people as possible, and to make the activities an integral part of the life of our church and community.
• We generally meet the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm.
• We will use various methods of social media, including the Green Team Google Group, blog, periodic articles in the church newsletter and large environmental e-mail distribution lists.
• We will have films, field trips, workshops other programs at least once a quarter.
• We will devote one month a year – April, or Earth Day month – for adult, youth and children’s RE and special programs.
For more information about the Green Team, visit our Green Team page on this website.